Ingenuity Studios is a growing, tight-knit visual effects company located in the heart of Hollywood.
Over the past 10+years we have been responsible for some of the most eye-popping, memorable visual effects for television, film and advertising.
We focus on teamwork, innovation, internal development and creativity and we believe it is our mission to set the standard for quality, speed and customer service in our industry.
Candidates must be eligible for work in the United States either as citizens or through a sponsored visa.
Interested candidates should send their resume and reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Nuke Compositor
Ingenuity is looking for Senior Compositors to join its growing team. We're working on some of the top shows on primetime television as well as a variety of commercials and feature films.
Our Nuke Compositing team works collaboratively with our Producers on a variety of traditional and complex visual effects work: set extension, cg integration, matte painting, keying, rig removal, etc.
We're looking for candidates who are passionate about post-production with a great attitude and an excitement for continued learning. Applicants should have advanced Nuke experience and be able to employ a variety of techniques to creatively solve problems including use of Nuke’s 3D system, 2.5d projections, camera tracking, and multi-pass compositing.
We require a minimum of 2 years experience compositing in a photo-real environment for this position. Experience in scripting, gizmo creation, and lighting are considered a plus.
All candidates are required to take and pass our compositing test and complete a paid on-site trial day. This is a staff position with full benefits including healthcare and paid time off.
Our Nuke Compositing team works collaboratively with our Producers on a variety of traditional and complex visual effects work: set extension, keying, cg integration, rig removal, matte painting, screen replacement, paint outs, tracking, and roto.
We're looking for candidates who are passionate about film/tv post-production with a great attitude an excitement for continued learning.
Must have a functional knowledge of Nuke. Experience with Mocha, After Effects, or Camera Tracking Software is a plus.
We're accepting applications for Nuke Compositors of intermediate and advanced skill levels and have a strong training program to help team members gain skills and master methodologies.
All candidates are required to take and pass our Compositing Test. All contracts begin with a two-week trial period to formally assess skill level and gauge fit within our team and pipeline.
COMPOSITOR needed by Ingenuity Studios, Inc. in Los Angeles, CA to composite both CG and live action elements to create visually stimulating scenes for feature films, television, and commercials; as well as create animation. Bachelor in Fine Arts & Visual Effects or related major required. Resume to 941 N. Highland Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90038
Our growing team at Ingenuity is looking for a Pipeline TD to help with a variety of tasks related to artist efficiency and workflow.
Ideal candidates will have a background in Computer Science or a related field and exhibit strong problem solving skills. Working knowledge of the Nuke, Maya, and Houdini APIs Python APIs is a plus but not required; raw programming skill has more weight than API knowledge.
You'll work closely with the artists in a variety of departments to create tools, add features to existing tools, and fix bugs; enabling the artists to work faster and more efficiently by removing barriers to repetitive tasks.
This position is considered entry- to mid-level, with room for growth and development as the role expands.
All qualified candidates are required to take and pass our Programming Test as well as answer a variety of programming related questions during the interview process.
Houdini FX Artist
Our FX Artists work along side the other members of CG department and collaboratively with compositors on a variety of traditional and complex particle and dynamics based fx work: rigid bodies, smoke, fire, liquids, and lightning to name a few.
Ideal candidates will have an excellent knowledge of Houdini, strong problem solving and math skills, and experience building digital assets.
This position is considered entry level, with major growth and development potential within the FX team.
All qualified candidates are required to take and pass our FX Artists Test.
Our CG Team is looking for experienced 3D artists to work on a wide range of tasks including: hard surface modeling, kitbashing, organic modeling, sculpting, texturing in Mari or Substance Painter, shading, and lighting.
Work can be both independent and collaborative and is mentored by a strong group of senior artists.
In most cases CG Generalists are allowed to work in the software of their choosing, with a pipeline that focuses on easing and unifying common tasks and publishing.
Ideal candidates will display a strong sense of organization, artistic ability, and attention to detail as well as an eye for composition, light, and color. Experience with basic compositing or Houdini is a plus.
All applicants are required to take and pass our CG Generalist test.
Motion Graphics Designer
Individuals will work closely with Producers/Creative Directors to create, conceptualize and deliver a wide variety of 2D motion & still graphics elements to support numerous TV and film projects as well as internal design tasks.
Qualified candidates will possess strong design conceptualization and problem solving skills, the versatility to replicate/emulate a variety of styles using After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator while working in a fast paced visual effects production environment.
Ideal candidates would have a working knowledge of 3D animation and comfort and familiarity with Third-Party AE Plugins (Trapcode, Video Copilot).
Potential projects include but are not limited to:
- Logo/Typography Design
- Concept Art and Design
- Title Card & Producer Card pitches, design and animation.
- 2D/3D Sign Replacement
- Cell phone UI
- HUD and Computer UI Design and Animation
- 2D Character Design and animation
- Retro/Vintage Video and Film looks
- Insert Graphics/News Fonts
All qualified candidates will be required to take a short Designer Test.
Unreal Technical Artist
Our Unreal Technical Artist will work under the guidance of our Creative & Technical Directors to take ownership of the development and creative execution of our VR gameplay systems by independently driving the implementation technical and creative decisions, integrating client feedback, optimize the engine and fix bugs for successful delivery.
- Work quickly and independently to learn our build and development environment, and become an expert on the game engine in which you are working.
- Take ownership over your code and systems and work to improve those systems autonomously
- Optimize game and engine systems in order to ship products
- Ability to assess, prioritize, and estimate features.
- Clearly and effectively escalate development bugs or potential gameplay issues to the Technical Director.
- Participate in code reviews and provide technical guidance for other developers in the studio.
- Take charge of making sure our platform builds are working and running at rate, within memory and disk space limitations, and with acceptable load times
- Advanced understanding and experience with Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints
- Experience working with PS4 development and PSVR development using UE4 (preferable)
- Intermediate knowledge of C++, ability to create code that is easy to understand and maintain in Unreal Engine 4,
- Have experience and be comfortable with a variety of systems features.
- Have a systematic approach to building software piece by piece.
- Experience doing development for a hardware platform besides PC: Either a game console or mobile
- Be a fun and upbeat team member, and help your teammates become better game developers
VFX Producers & Coordinators
Producers and Coordinators at Ingenuity are the primary point of contact for the people who hire us and the companies we work with. They also work with departments heads inside Ingenuity to ensure the job runs smoothly.
Qualified applicants can demonstrate a thorough understanding of the VFX pipeline, can deal with highly stressed clients in a calm and relaxed way, transform vague and contradictory information into clear instructions for the team, and motivate artists in difficult circumstances.
Ideal candidates would have a working knowledge of 3D animation and comfort and familiarity with Third-Party AE Plugins (Trapcode, Video Copilot).
- Ensure the team’s work meets our creative and technical standards.
- Ensure the team sticks to the plan/budget.
- Handle client-facing correspondence.
- Manage client expectations.Interpret/clarify client notes.
- Prep information/assets for the team.
- Coordinate project-priorities with other in-house Producers.
The Bidding Producer is a key member of the team and is relied on to provide accurate and accountable information to the studio regarding both the financial viability of projects and workload requirements.
- Working with Executive Producers, Producers and Artists to study scripts, produce VFX breakdowns, and quantify the work required, working across multiple projects in parallel.
- Producing detailed bid packages to send to our clients.
- Work closely with CFO to evaluate post show financial analysis to compare bid to actuals in effort to improve bid methodology.
The position will report directly to Executive Producers, communicating regularly and providing reports about bid status.
- This work requires an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the entire VFX workflow, as well as previous experience of working on live projects through to completion.
- Experience as a VFX Producer, with proven capability in providing detailed and accurate bids.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- A commercial mind, with strong analytical skills
- High-level knowledge of Excel
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a Bidding Producer role for VFX
- Knowledge of Filemaker
- Passionate about film
- Smart, and detail-oriented
- Capable of delivering to short deadlines
- Analytical, logical and methodical in your approach
CG VFX Coordinator
Ingenuity is looking for a motivated, organized and adaptable individual who is passionate about film and television, collaborating with diverse team of skilled artists and learning the intricacies of managing and scheduling the creation, development of 3D visual effects assets. The CG VFX Coordinator’s responsibilities are primarily administrative -- serving as the CG Department’s point person for CG Artists assignments, priorities and generally ensuring everything stays on track.
Ideal candidates will be well versed in the language of Post-Production, with a degree or focus in Film & Animation, Digital Media or Creative Arts.
- Great working relationship with CG Supervisor.
- Great working relationship with our CG Artists.
- Great working relationship with Producers and Head of Production.
- Driven to maintain artists’ progress and forward momentum.
- Able to juggle everyone’s assignments and needs.
- Daily morning meeting with CG Supervisor to discuss the day’s priorities.
- Running “Morning CG Briefing” per CG Supervisor’s plan.
- Gathering notes in internal review sessions and distributing to the team.
- CG artist assignments.
- Maintain a global CG Status doc.
- Constant check-ins with artists.
- Show CG Supervisor artists’ progress throughout the day.
- Update producers and Head of Production on CG progress throughout the day.
VFX Conform/Online Editor
Ingenuity Studios VFX Editorial Department is responsible for the Ingest and Conform of all video elements used by the rest of the studio, as well as the QC and Delivery of all finished VFX shots, and the Online of all Commercials and Music Videos. We use Foundry Hiero, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, and other software as needed. The ideal team member is a good communicator, is able to learn and utilize our existing pipeline, as well as help us to build and improve our workflow as the department grows over time with the studio.
- Working knowledge of non-linear editing software.
- Experience with video file formats.
- General knowledge of post-production workflow.
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Prior experience in VFX Editorial.
- Online Editing experience.
- Experience working with LUTs/CDLs.
- Commercial Delivery experience.
- Color Correction skills.
VFX QC Operator/Coordinator
The QC Operator/Coordinator (“QC” stand for “Quality Control”) is in charge of our QC Screening Room, and will schedule QC sessions with our VFX Producers as well as run the sessions themselves. They are part of the Editorial Team and will report to the Editorial Lead. In managing the schedule, they will need to work closely with our Producing Team and Head of Production in determining priority and deadlines, as well as keeping existing appointments. They will also work directly with Artists and Clients who want to see their work on the big screen.
- Operate the Screening Room for VFX Reviews with Producers, Artists, and Clients.
- Manage the schedule for the Screening Room, communicating with Producers and Head of Production to schedule appointments and move/cancel as needed.
- Learn and utilize software such as Foundry Hiero and Adobe Premiere.
- Support the Editorial Team as needed, including creating postings and deliverables. (Video files to be sent to clients.)
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Expert in Google Docs, Sheets, and Calendar.
- Comfortable working in high stress environments with deadlines.
- Willingness to work weekends and/or overtime as needed.
- Prior work experience in a production/post-production environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with non-linear editing software (Premiere, FCP7, ect.) a plus.
Our Animation Team is responsible for the execution of high-level animation as assigned by clients and production team. Teamwork and collaboration is key since members of every department, including Creative Directors and Production, work closely with one another to accomplish all tasks. Our Artists require a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement. In addition, all artists may serve as a key front-line representative of the company, who may deal directly with clients in challenging situations. Accordingly, a professional demeanor and diplomacy are important.
- Work with the Animation Supervisor, Animation Lead and other Animators, as well as Production Staff to provide animated sequences as required by the Client.
- Animate in various styles (creatures, realistic humans, motion capture, vehicles,complex characters, bouncing balls, cameras, etc.) as required by projects.
- Position requires sufficiency in Mocap recording and cleanup, 3D rotomation for FX, object tracking and matchmoving.
- Knowledge in modeling, texturing and surfacing, choreography, lighting, match moving and final rendering of CG elements.
- Work with animation software (Maya) for visual effects intensive projects.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required from time-to-time by the Animation Supervisor or Animation Lead.
- Investigate and keep up to date on new and competing software packages and technology.
- Work closely with other departments on issues that affect the animation team, and vice versa.
- An understanding of animation rigging/set-up and 3D character animation.
- Strong understanding of scene layout to match plates.
- Excellent artistic skill set with a full understanding of animation and composition.
- General knowledge of Photoshop and Nuke/After Effects.
- Knowledge of the software and hardware used in the post-production process.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the Visual Effects and associated pipelines.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive, with the ability to lead a creative vision.
- Ability to work overtime/weekends when project calls for it.
- Work well under deadline pressure.
Our Matchmove Team is responsible for both matchmove and layout, then passed down to other departments via the VFX pipeline. When the matchmove gets outsourced, the Matchmove Team is responsible for QC shots providing useful and precise feedback for the vendors. The Matchmover is required to create, solve or extend camera motion, assist in pre- and post-visualization, and perform complex layout and matchmoving tasks in live action film and high concept television productions.
- Camera tasks.
- Recreating (solving) or creating the movement of a mono or stereo live-action camera in 3D.
- Using lidar or the measurements and pictures of the live-action set, camera information, distortion grids, and scaling reference of characters and objects to create a virtual set in 3D (Maya).
- Scene layout in Maya.
- Setup the technical and aesthetic approaches of the matchmove work for a shot, sequence, or even an entire aspect of a show.
- Assist Production with bidding and scheduling.
- At times, the Matchmover may be asked to perform Lead Matchmove duties including, providing leadership, guidance and direction to the matchmove team based on the project.
- Expert knowledge of 3Dequalizer (knowledge of PFTrack a plus).
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Maya.
- Working knowledge of Nuke.
- Capable of delivering high-quality camera tracking and layouts for both single shots and general environments (multiple camera setups).
- Previous stereoscopic film production experience a plus.
- Knowledge of a tracking software's scripting language is a plus.
- A good eye for detail and ability to work under pressure on potentially short turn around times.
- Able to take direction and feedback well from a lead or supervisor.